In this talk, Caroline Gurney shows you how to use the full power of Google in your genealogy research.
- Obtaining results tailored to your family history;
- Searching for multiple name variants and locations at the same time;
- Searching across separate databases on a website;
- Finding the meaning of archaic terms in family history records;
- Accessing historic calendar information;
- Finding images and books;
- Creating maps for your family;
- Translating foreign languages;
- Receiving alerts for new information in your areas of interest.
About the speaker: Caroline is a Qualified Genealogist, house historian and historical researcher, based in Portishead, near Bristol.
She read History at Bristol University and graduated BA in 1975 with First Class honours. In 2019 Caroline was awarded a Master's degree with Distinction in Family and Local History at the University of Dundee. She is now studying for a PhD at Bristol University.
Caroline worked in the Diplomatic Service, serving in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and in British embassies overseas, and also the Cabinet Office, ending her public service career as a Director at the National School of Government. She then began a new career in historical research.